You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Re:Where do record companies source this packaging? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Where do record companies source this packaging?
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Where do record companies source this packaging? 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2  
Hi Stewart,

I did a little research into this a few years ago when someone asked the same question (pre the forum). Here is (roughly) what I wrote. Not sure if there's more info than this but the Yahoo group may be able to help.

QUOTE:
I'm not exactly sure but I guess there are a number of printers who do this - you could try emi/toshiba in Japan or Universal?? They both have japanese websites (I think).

Disc Union create the "promo boxes" and they are exceptionally good quality and are official releases. Try them but their English is not crash hot.

Also you could contact www.cdjapan.co.jp as they have a good English writer on their "help" staff and are quite helpful if they can be.

If that fails you may want to ask in the Yahoo group (link found at the top of the forum pages).

You could also ask www.soundsourceCDs.com (in the US).... And also... I have a box of Black Sabbath (2001) ... made in UK "An Essential Production for Castle Music, a label of Santuary Records Group Ltd." Not as good quality but pretty good none the less. I also have a Uriah Heep box made by or for them (2002)

www.gilmourdesign.co.uk seems to do the work on the Uriah Heep box for www.santuaryrecordsgroup.co.uk

Also try a cheaper alternative (??) http://www.burningshed.com/ - artist's own label stuff.....

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
      Topics Author Date
    thread link
Where do record companies source this packaging?
DraftAudio 2009/07/01 04:38
    thread link
thread linkthread link Re:Where do record companies source this packaging?
sam2095 2009/07/01 10:14
Go to top Post Reply