You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Re:Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler releases? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler releases?
jmontgor (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler releases? 16 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi to all,
anyone knows about a future release of Dire Straits or Mark Knopfler MiniLPs?

Happy Christmas¡¡¡

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
dreamdini (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler releases? 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi,
The Dire Straits / Dire Straits is released in Russian mini LP version with the remastered Japan OBI replica.
But this is a fake cd, but the sound is good remastered.

Zoltan from Hungary

sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler releases? 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2  
Given that some of these have recently been released as SHM-CD, I'm hoping they may come out as a mini - not very fancy covers but nice to have anyway. Sam.

Last Edit: 2008/09/03 01:06 By sam2095. Reason: minor typo

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
Paolo40 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler releases? 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
I have pre-ordered on the www.cdjapan.co.jp website the complete dire straits inventory which are all in shm-cd format (playable on normal cd players) and are all noted as being in cardboard sleeves. The release date from cdjapan is 22/10/08. Hope that helps. paolo.

kigonjiro (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler releases? 15 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 2  
Paolo, don´t go so fast.

I can bet 100 to 1 that a Disk Union promo box will be released for Dire Straits. If you have ordered the complete release is plain clear that you are a big fan from the band so probably you will be interested into have the promo box.

Now, to have the promo box you will need:
- to bid on auction for an empty box (if the box appears, and probably paying a very high price for it).
- to sell the albums bought from CD Japan and then buy the boxset from an ebay seller (o to bid for it).

As I needed to do some of these 2 options many times (of course for boxsets released before I started collecting minis and complete releases with promo box), my advice is that your best option -if you want to have the complete boxed release- is to cancel your order when you still are on time and wait to order the complete boxset from one of the japanese ebay sellers when it will surface as pre-order.

Believe me, to buy all the albums and not to have the boxset is the wrong option and you will regret that for long time.

Think on it. Or better... act now.

Ciao

Domingo

kigonjiro (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler releases? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
Paolo,

just confirmed in the last Disk Union Kamijacket News, a Promo Box will be released for Dire Straits, the box artwork will be Brothers in Arms.

Do what you think better, you have a month and half before the release date.

I´m not a DS fan but a minis collector and I´ve reserved it already. I think that for you the Promo Box is a must have.

Domingo

Paolo40 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler releases? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
Thanks, for the disk union news. Can I ask a question... I have been to that site and got lost trying to find an english translation link. Is there one? and if so, where is it on japanese home page?

thanks
paolo

kigonjiro (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler releases? 15 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
No Paolo, isn´t. The same the Kamijacket News bolletin that I receive is in japanese but I use the google translator.

Disk Union don´t sell outside Japan, so the only way to have these promo boxsets is by the ebay dealers.

Cheers

Domingo

Go to top Post Reply