You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

storing (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: storing
popupjohn (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
storing 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
As my collection is steadily getting larger, I wondered if anyone has an ideal storage system.
As the spines are in Japanese because of the OBI strip, I'm finding it difficult to find a item.
I've also thought of the facing you flip through(?) method. Does anyone have a perfect storage idea?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:storing 15 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2  
I have settled upon the following - it is the cheapest alternative. You can buy custom made bags which keep the obi separate to the mini but I have not tried these and they may not overcome the problem of being able to view the spine.

I should do (and will do) some scans to illustrate - but for the time being....

In effect I simply turn the bag on its side (flap facing up - top opening in other words), fold the obi over the bottom of the cover (not the spine) and then load the CD/obi into the top of the bag.

In other words, the obi sits at the bottom of the bag with the base of the cover sitting inside the obi. This also means the flap folds over the top of the back (rather than the back of the back) so that when you push the package back into the shelf it does not hit and fold over the neighbouring mini LP.

This only works for minis (not digipaks etc) because they are square shaped

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
ConradWZ (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:storing 15 Years ago Karma: 0  
I myself make sure that everything that should be there is there, then, if it is not stuck to the cover, I put the obi inside the sleeve. Most fit, just!

Ta, Conrad
clodius (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:storing 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0  
That is a good question !!! For me, I simply let the OBI at its place, that is the charm of a Japan mini lp, but its true that it is hard to find the mini you want. I can remember approximately where they are located and while I search, it gaves me the occasion to see the other minis...(maniac attitude). I have roughly 300 minis and I never search more than 10 seconds to find what I want. They are grouped by bands and genre. Sam is right when he says that you have to be careful when you slip the mini in the pile in order to not unfold the one just beside ! (flap is on the back on the back side of the mini). Its just a matter of getting used to it. In the future, I would like to get a very nice glass showcase showing a number of minis (20 or 30) that you change once in a while (another maniac attitude). Actually, all my minis are inside a piece of furniture integrated into one of the dining room wall, with glass doors, just under the wine glasses shelve. Everybody who have dinner at my home wonder 'what is that ?' Then, I begin my show by showing Jethro Tull 'Living in the Past', Pink Floyd 'Dark side of the moon', and other classics.

Last Edit: 2012/04/27 09:15 By sam2095.
Go to top Post Reply