You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Re:mini-lp reviews and masters (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:mini-lp reviews and masters
mahdlokg (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
mini-lp reviews and masters 15 Years ago Karma: 0  
Are you aware of any review sites for mini-lp's? I don't mind spending the money, but I would like to get an idea of how much better a certain mini-lp might be than other cd's out there.

Also, are original masters used in all cases or in any case at all?

I apprecaiate any answers. Thanks.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/04/23 22:54 By mahdlokg.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:mini-lp reviews and masters 15 Years ago Karma: 2  
Hello mahdlokg and welcome,

I'm not an audiophile (as such - I have a friend who is one and he tells me I'm at about "95% nirvana" and if I spent ten times as much as I do I'd be at 96%) so I may not be the best person to ask but I can relate what I know from reading what others say (some of whom I know and trust, others I know and do not trust and yet others I know nothing about).

From what I can tell, the Japanese manufacturing process and materials (when it comes to CDs) are overall superior to any other country. On average I get the impression that they are (generally) head and shoulders better over any other source (with respect to the hardware and the care in the process). That goes a long way to a "better sounding" (and lasting I guess) CD. There are of course the occasional versions / gold etc that are superior.

One caveat on this - there are one or two of the smaller (obscure) companies that release Japanese minis that have European discs (Arcangelo being the major one and I think Captain Trip?). (There are also the sneaky "official fakes" as I call them - but I wont go there again).

With respect to (re-)masters and mixes AND technologies such as K2 etc, as far as I can tell there is unfortunately no rule. There is no single manufacturer or even artist that is common across the board (as far as quality of masters... oh okay - a few - Doors and Genesis but then you will get those who argue these are corruptions...)

I had hoped that members of this site would add comments about the audio quality (or source master) of each release but it was always a secondary concern for me and has not happened (much).

Your best bet is to post a question about a specific artist in the yahoo group. You could also search that group's archive (you need to log into Yahoo to do that).

Hope that helps (somewhat),

Sam.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/04/25 16:57 By sam2095.

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply