You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Re:Def Leppard Mini-LP Replicas and SHM-CD (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Def Leppard Mini-LP Replicas and SHM-CD
shades (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Def Leppard Mini-LP Replicas and SHM-CD 15 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hello,

I just registered and this is my first posting to this forum. For many years, I have been collecting vinyl and CDs (especially those in the mini-LP design).

Anyway, I have a couple of the upcoming cardboard reissues of Def Leppard on order:

On Through The Night
High 'n' Dry
Pyromania
Hysteria
Adrenalize

These reissues are among the many that Universal Music Japan is releasing as SHM-CD (Super High Material CD). It is supposed to offer "improved transparency on the data side of the disc, allowing for more accurate reading of CD data by the CD player laser head" (quote taken from CD Japan site). Does anyone know if this is pretty accurate? Does anyone have any SHM-CDs? Thanks.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/04/07 14:47 By sam2095.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
kigonjiro (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Def Leppard Mini-LP Replicas and SHM-CD 15 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 2  
I hate to say this to you, but your mini lps are russian fakes at 99.9%. This is the first Japanese Mini LP release for Def Leppard.

And about your question, yes SHM-CD has better sound quality than normal japanese remasters and way better than USA or european remasters.

sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:Def Leppard Mini-LP Replicas and SHM-CD 15 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 2  
kigonjiro wrote:
QUOTE:
I hate to say this to you, but your mini lps are russian fakes at 99.9%. This is the first Japanese Mini LP release for Def Leppard.

I think you might have misunderstood - he has pre-ordered them from CDJapan - he does not own them yet

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
shades (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Def Leppard Mini-LP Replicas and SHM-CD 15 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
Thanks for the reply. This is one of the reasons I order from CD Japan, so that I am assured of getting the real thing, not to mention and pay the actual retail price and not the inflated mark-ups from. From CD Japan, these Def Leppard titles are a little over $25 US. If you pre-order them from Amazon.com, they are $47.99.

Anyway, I guess I'll see what they are like when I receive them. BTW, I just added an image for my avatar in case you could not guess where my SN originated.

--Dave

Go to top Post Reply