You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Pink Floyd's Ummagumma mini lp . Obi -help! (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Pink Floyd's Ummagumma mini lp . Obi -help!
EmerlistDavjack (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Pink Floyd's Ummagumma mini lp . Obi -help! 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
Hello everybody:

Recentley I bought a copy of Pink Floyd's Ummagumma japanese minilp. But the question here is if someone who has an original copy could help me to check the OBI strip, please , my questions:

Original Ummagumma's Obi strip does it match prefectly in size and color with the artcover?

Thanks in advanced for the help ...

Emerlist Davjack

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:Pink Floyd's Ummagumma mini lp . Obi -help! 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2  
Hi and welcome,

I would not worry too much about the obi colour - if you look at the scans on this site of this release they do not match 100%.

The tell tale and most obvious sign of a fake is normally whether it has an obvious ring on the printed side of the disk. See http://www.minilps.net/fakes for examples.

Sam.

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
EmerlistDavjack (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Pink Floyd's Ummagumma mini lp . Obi -help! 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
Thank you Sam for the welcome and your reply...

It happends here in Mexico when the mini lps were nothing important, 11-12 years ago, many people used to throw the OBI strips to the garbage and now many of them are making scanner copies to be able to sell their own copies...

I understand about the color of the OBI in this site I saw it, but in this same picture you can see the OBI is smaller that the art cover, what can you tell me about it ?... I remember time ago when this editions of Pink Floy came out, in that time I had noticed that the OBI didn't match in size with the art cover, per example: I have the original copies of Genesis, in case of Foxtrot - VJCP68093 - the OBI doesn't match in size with the artcove and this copy is original I got it from Japan long time ago.

The situation here is the info of this site about fakes tells us that the OBI size must be the same size of the artcover and many people is confused about it. In Many cases the first mini lps made have the same situation, the OBI NOT ALWAYS MATCHES WITH THE ARTCOVER...

I'll wait your kind comments and help...

All the best

René Osnaya

Go to top Post Reply