You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Re:Mini LPs (and other CDs) Auction Site (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Mini LPs (and other CDs) Auction Site
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Mini LPs (and other CDs) Auction Site 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2  
I am thinking about starting up an auction site exclusively for Mini LPs (and CDs generally).

Here are some of the features I am considering:
1) Sellers of counterfeit items will be banned.
2) CDs only (to start with - but may evolve into all recorded media).
3) Auction types similar to eBay (ie. 10 days, Buy It Now).
4) Payment of auction fees by PayPal only.
5) No auction fees (none) for the first 3 months.
6) Payment for items however you want it (your business is your business not mine).
7) Feedback system TBD but similar to original eBay (ie. simple).

Any and all ideas welcome either here or directly to me via email. (I may post your email ideas anonymously.)

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
stdean52 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Mini LPs (and other CDs) Auction Site 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
Sam, I am all for the auction idea. I hope the people that come to this site and yahoo site are serious collectors and for that reason we can offer each other the hard to find minis that we may never listen to or have duplicate copies. No fakes is paramount, although with my 1000+ minis I may have a couple fakes that I am not aware of. I only buy now from reputable sellers but in the beginning I was just collecting. If a fake does sell, there should be a rule that seller accepts return and pays postage + cost of mini. I think all your other ideas are good.
steve

WilliamChildress (Visitor)

Birthdate:
Re:Mini LPs (and other CDs) Auction Site 14 Years, 10 Months ago  
Great Idea -- I'm in.
William Childress

KeithD (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Sam,

This is a great idea. Thanks for taking this on.

Keith

rockmaker (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
IM in Sam. Id love to do this. Ill help get the word out. We can do this! Great idea!

sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:Mini LPs (and other CDs) Auction Site 14 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2  
Thanks for the feedback (including those who've replied anonymously). A couple of big sellers have expressed some interest too (I asked them directly) which is promising.

I have looked into software and I will need to spend some money and of course time in order to get this up and going. With limited funds and time I need to keep this very simple to start with - perhaps just Buy-It-Nows (in other words a shop) - but of course that depends on the seller and the software to support it.

I might even do something like have the last week of each month as the auction week but sellers would be able to and strongly encouraged to preview what they will be auctioning. I would send out a newsletter on the day the auction starts.

This does not necessarily meant that every auction finishes at exactly the same time (eg. midnight in a certain time zone on a certain day) but this may actually not be a bad thing - it would eliminate or at least reduce bids in the last 10 seconds because buyers wanting more than one item would have to place realistic bids a few minutes (or hours) before the auction ends. (Good for sellers and not so good for experienced buyers - but perhaps fairer and more realistic prices for all.)

Any thoughts on that one?

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
stdean52 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Great idea Sam, go for it!
steve

Go to top Post Reply