You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Selling On Fake Mini lps (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Selling On Fake Mini lps
alexxx (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Selling On Fake Mini lps 16 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
Hello fellow members and moderators,
As a relatively new collector of japanese mini lps I have (as I'm sure many other members have in the past) mistakenly bought mini lps which have turned out to be fakes.
Do we feel it's morally right or wrong to legitimately pass them on? Or do you think that would make us as bad as the forgerers?
Of course I would never promote them to be genuine but where and how best to sell them. Or are we simply expected to throw them in the bin?
I have among my 50 plus mini lp collection: 4 Jimi Hendrix titles, 2 Bowie, 2 Cream, 2 Tom Waits and 1 Jethro Tull, and I would like to get something back on them as I am now in the process of replacing them with the real items.
Your thoughts and advice are appreciated.
My sincere appologies if this post is concidered innapropriate.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2008/03/13 08:13 By alexxx. Reason: add text
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
kigonjiro (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Selling On Fake Mini lps 16 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 2  
Some of the Hendrix russian fakes are very collectible because have different covers like Are You Experienced, Band of Gypsys or Electric Ladyland, so it´s not a bad idea to conserve them. And Axis Bold is a very good replica, so not that bad.

For your info is near to be released a Hendrix japanese mini lps reprint including the 5 albums. This reprint will be sold by the Disk Union resellers at ebay (sushi-Sashimi by example) including a new promo box. So my advice is this: wait for it, don´t buy the individual tittles at high prices. Go for the complete boxset.

Here is the info I received a week ago:

JIMI HENDRIX
(disk union only encore press with promo box set)
5 titles + PROMO BOX (ARE YOU EXPERIENCED box)
are you experienced
electric ladyland
band of gypsys
smash hits
axix bold as love

APRIL 5th release

I think that you can have the complete boxset for about 125-135 USD in about 3 weeks.

Domingo

kigonjiro (Moderator)
graphgraph
This is the Disk Union info for the upcoming Hendrix boxset:
http://diskunion.net/portal/ct/detail/0412P-SP105

You can use google translate "japanese-english"

alexxx (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Selling On Fake Mini lps 16 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
Cheers for that Domingo but I can't really afford to keep them as duplicates. The Hendrix titles I currently have that I want to replace are:
'Are you Exprienced'
'Electric Ladyland'
'Axis..'
and 'The Cry Of Love'
I'm not that bothered about promo box's!
But maybe as you say it could turn out cheaper to buy this Box set.
The sound quality of the fakes are all very good and Printing is also very good apart from some spelling errors both on the sleeves and cd labels and obviously the relavent album codes are not printed on the playing sides of each disc.
But what about my question of where/how best to sell them on?

Last Edit: 2008/03/14 11:42 By alexxx. Reason: add text
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
alexxx wrote:
QUOTE:
But what about my question of where/how best to sell them on?

Do we feel it's morally right or wrong to legitimately pass them on? Or do you think that would make us as bad as the forgerers?
Of course I would never promote them to be genuine but where and how best to sell them. Or are we simply expected to throw them in the bin?

It's a very good question Alex. I have two or three, all of which I suspected were fakes when I bought them (due to the price - one was from a US seller who did not know that it was a fake).

I guess you have to decide for yourself about the morality.

As far as what to advertise them as I would say "Jimi Hendrix <xyz> Mini LP" (skip the Japanese thing - but that's up to you) and then in the description state that they are high quality Russian versions of Japanese Mini LPs and start the selling at (say) $4.99).

What are the 2 Bowie titles that are fakes? Come to think of it - could you please post the names of all the titles (I'm building a database of fakes).

Thanks, Sam.

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
alexxx (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Selling On Fake Mini lps 16 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
QUOTE:
What are the 2 Bowie titles that are fakes? Come to think of it - could you please post the names of all the titles (I'm building a database of fakes).

Thanks, Sam.

Thanks for that advice Sam, must admit to having felt guilty at the thought of selling them on and running the risk of adverse feedback rating.

The two Bowie fakes are ''... Ziggy Stardust ...' code silver side: DBZS-7791 and 'Hunky Dory' Code silver side: DBHD-8936
both are identical packaging as 1971/2 lps RCA (not Remastered but ok) i'm awaiting delivery of genuine articles.

Tull; 'Stand Up' silverside code; GP-05 GT000394.
All packaging/inserts/cardboard/audio (with bonus tracks) etc Very high quality, even down to pop-up band inside gatefold. again genuine article on the way so I'll side-by-side them.

Tom Waits; 'Raindogs' code: TWR-8703 and
'Swordfishtrombone' code: TWH-8702
Never had the lps on Island but I'd say these are like lps. (not remastered) sound the same audio as my old cds.

Cream; 'Disraeli Gears' Deluxe Dble cd. Very high quality Cardboard/inserts audio etc. Codes:
CRCD 21120502A and CRCD 21120502B
'Wheels of fire' + Farewell concert dvd. Again excellent quality audio/cardboard/inserts etc. however dvd is like it's been transfered from VHS and not very good. Siverside codes cd1: UICY-9152 cd2: UCIY-9153 (my my could these cds be real?) no barcodes though. dvd: CWDV 8822 obvious copy.

Hendrix; 'Are you experienced' code on playing side: SV 463 Packaging looks like lp but a few daft spelling mistakes on cd label, audio ok but not remastered.
'Electric Ladyland' code: JHELL-7805 nude cover but Very good quality cardboard/inserts/printing and audio (probably remastered copy)
'Axis Bold as Love' code: 8 - 229 (hard to make out but there's a small barcode opposite number.
Excellent quality cardboard/printing and remastered audio etc.
'The Cry of Love' code: SV - 736.
Again excellent quality cardboard/etc not sure if it's a remaster but audio is fine.
Is this title available as a Japanese mini lp?

I had a fake copy of 'The Wall' + dvd but I gave it away as I already have several versions already. It wasn't bad except for the dvd which was obviously copied from VHS and both visual and audio made it unwatchable!

Hope this is a help to the site.

Last Edit: 2008/03/15 13:27 By sam2095.
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Thanks for this Alex. I have kept a copy of this in my inbox - too bus to act on it at the moment but I hope it proves useful when I get around to it

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
Go to top Post Reply