You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Re:Digipaks etc./Focus of the site (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Digipaks etc./Focus of the site
kigonjiro (Moderator)
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Digipaks etc./Focus of the site 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2  
More about the list and other ways to show the info.

As a database this place has a lot of potential that we can explode. Not using it only to see the contents of some releases.

That´s why Sam worked and refined the ebay searcher. That´s why text page info are included, or links, or the personal section to track each one collection.

You can do a normal search to have info or you can use other ways. The list are one of these ways. The list is only one application of the info and images that we had already, are internal cross references that are created using what we had already, the same that when we do the same with the boxsets. We have the boxes and we have the mini lps, each one as individual items, so we can know what´s the original content from a box or if a mini lp was originally part of a box.

And in the same way maybe one day we will have a releases calendar showing past and future releases. All are different ways to use the info that we have already. And I don´t think that anything that improves the use and the utility of this place can be in discussion here. If the people likes to use a new feature or not is up to each one.

A lot of people don´t use the searcher because they have the ebay´s own searcher. OK. This is far better and provide more and more accurate results. Must we cancel the search area because some people never use it? No way.

A lot of people are insterested only in occidental bands. Must we not include the japanese bands? No way. In fact I created the Japrocksampler list to show these japanese bands, most of them unknow for a lot of occidental people. And to help to find them.

All the improvements are wellcome.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:Digipaks etc./Focus of the site 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2  
Firstly, TrippingOverGod - many thanks for opening up the topic and thanks Domingo for your input.

On the subject of lists, I reckon anything goes - for the reasons Domingo mentions. Personally I find them really interesting and it's great to (a) have them in one spot (b) have them 'in my backyard' (here on the site) (c) know what is and is not on mini (d) easily look at details about the release if they are on mini.

On the subject of CDs (and promo stuff), having thought about it a bit more, and having heard what's been said, perhaps if there is a mini-LP specific reason for having the release then it should be included.

In other words, my current thinking is:
1) The Who stays (as a digipak etc) because it has the promo sleeve
2) Coltrane stays (as a digipak etc) because it has the mini-LP sleeve included
3) Deep Purple 4 CDs stay (as a digipak etc) because it informs people about the existence - personally I wouldn't bother with the scans though
4) Divinyls to be deleted
5) Gotan Project to be deleted
6) Get yer ya-ya's stays but only because it's an example of a digipak - i do get asked sometimes what the difference is and it's in an FAQ http://www.minilps.net/faqs/mini-lp-replicas/what-is-a-digipak-digipack.html
7) Harvest stays
8) Eno prints stay somehow/somewhere - they are NOT included in the mini and should be - I might find somewhere/somehow to move them

How does that sound?

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
TrippingOverGod (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Digipaks etc./Focus of the site 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
Sounds good to me! I still don't fully agree with the lists simply because there's no end to how many you could put on here, but if you guys are happy with them then that's fine, I just thought I'd bring them up whilst on the subject but they weren't my main concern.

Late-era Jarrett on it's way soon...

sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:Digipaks etc./Focus of the site 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2  
Gotan Project and Divinyls have been deleted. U2 Joshua Tree Box set soon to be added

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
Go to top Post Reply