You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Led Zeppelin
patjoy (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Led Zeppelin 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
I've commenced collecting via Ebay the Led Zep 2003 2nd series jap mini lps. I've purchased 9 from the US, Canada & Hong Kong.

(a) 4 of them (LZ1,LZ2, LZ4 & In Through) appear legitimate.

(b) 2 of them (LZ3 & Song Remains) look ok but there was a small sticker on the plastic outer protective sleeve saying "Made in Holland". Also there was a barcode sticker on the outer sleeve starting with the numbers 075 covering the barcode on the actual mini lp which starts with the number 494. (I know that the number 494 signifies japan). Also there is no writing in the inside of the OBI's whereas there is with those detailed in (a) above - is that ok?

(c) The other 3 (Coda, Presence and Houses) are on their way but I noticed they to have a barcode sticker on the outer protective sleeve starting with the numbers 075 covering the barcode on the actual mini lp which starts with the number 494.

Can anyone help with my questions or provide me with information that may assist me in determining whether what I have is original Japanese mini lps.

Thanks
Pat

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:Led Zeppelin 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2  
What is printed on the silver side of the CD for LZ3?

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
patjoy (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Led Zeppelin 15 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
The code WPCR-11613 and in very small print IFPI L275 - I think (my eyesight ain't that good).

sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Sounds like the real deal to me... Not sure about the stickers on the outside. what's the full number on the sticker?

patjoy (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
the barcode reads - 0 75678 26785 7

and the barcode on the price sticker on the front of the plastic sleeve states 0075678267857 (same as above but with another zero at the start)

sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Oh - you mean this one?!?!

I own the Led Zep with the bar code you mention. Mine (the scanned one on this site) says it's made in Germany (and I've just checked both the sticker that was on the back and the printed side of the CD). The silver side of my German version is definitely not WPCR-11613. The cover however has WPCR-11613 on the spine and the sticker says the package is made in Japan.

If you search for the bar code on Google you find a few sites saying made in Netherlands....

I assume that the seller had both versions and put the wrong CD back in the plastic sleeve. It's also possible that they dumped the Japanese ones on the European market with new bar code stickers. We may never know.

Not sure about the other ones but I'd say you definitely have the Japanese CD and obi and no doubt the cover and inserts (assuming you have the Japanese lyric sheet). (My German version has a plain white inner bag and no plastic bag and no other inserts.)

Last Edit: 2008/06/21 18:18 By sam2095.

patjoy (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Thanks sam2095. I appreciate your help and feel more at ease that I am on the right track.

I think your right. Ignoring the outer plastic sleeve, everything else clearly indicates they are japanese.

Hopefully the ones on their way will be ok as well and then finally see if I can locate physical graffiti (at a reasonable price) to complete the LZ collection.

JarpoMarx (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Led Zeppelin 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi, I've found this topic at the forum searching for the meaning of the barcode sticker.

I've got The Song Remains The Same with different barcode in obi and external sticker. The sticker is pasted in a way that hides the obi barcode. Only when you slip the album out of the bag, you can see clearly the obi barcocde. But I've found on the web that both numbers (UPC and EAN) are refering to Japanese edition.

However, I've found some Led-Zep mini-LPs whose barcode is pasted on the plastic sleeve (this one, for example) and, when I look for that barcode on internet, I can't find anything conclusive.

Last Edit: 2010/12/09 10:02 By JarpoMarx.
Go to top Post Reply