You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Re:What is "Loaned Sample" ? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:What is "Loaned Sample" ?
equinoxe (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
What is "Loaned Sample" ? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi.

I have bought a "Spiral" mini lp album by Vangelis some time ago. It's all fine, but it has a sticker on the barcode of the obi, and a red stamp "Loaned Sample" in the inner ring of the cd. The rest look exactly the same as the original mini lp release. Is it definitelly a fake release or legal but something like a strongly limited edition not for sale (promo) or something?

Thanks for any answers.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:What is "Loaned Sample" ? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2  

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
equinoxe (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:What is "Loaned Sample" ? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
Thanks for answer!

Has it any value as a collectible item or this is worthless and the better thing is to have an ordinary retail version of the release?

sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
In my opinion, it's not more collectable but it's definitely not worthless. Some collectors would prefer the unstamped version but many would not mind too much.

That said, when I buy a mini from Chinese sellers I always ask as they tend to get a lot of them. If I get a promo and the seller has not told me in the auction that it's a promo then I do get annoyed. Some sellers have a blanket statement that some of their items are promos (and I always ask them in this case).

Last Edit: 2011/08/17 15:42 By sam2095.

equinoxe (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
The most important thing to me was the case, is it the fake or a legal item, and now it's more clearer to me, but it seems that kind of items should not be sold on any auctions or any other places, because of it's special purposes.
BTW is the sound quality exactly the same as the retail version, or it may have some sory of a reduced quality somehow? I don't believe in it much, but asking to make sure.

sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
In all respects it will be identical to the one you would buy in a shop.

equinoxe (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Many thanks for the answers, again!

Go to top Post Reply