You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Re:Leslie West (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Leslie West
bluessky (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Leslie West "Mountain" 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
HI,

I recently purchased what I thought was an original of Leslie West "Mountain" SICP 1778

but I wanted to see if someone here had the real genuine japanese version and I could compare.

I got it on ebay from retro cd (in Russia).
On the back of the cd there is no SICP 1778, it says this : PLUA-167X and also says this in very small characters ifpi l275

The front of the cd looks like a recreation of a picture lp , it says 33 1/3 stereo and has white with black print, an orange ring on the outside edge,and a yellow ring just inside the orange one.

But what got me suspicious was looking at the booklet, on the back page part of the W and e on west is dark instead of in white print,and Leslie's eyes on the front cover you can hardly see them,because of the dark ink....and inside a few small pictures of the band do not look quite like the flawless japanese print I have seen before, they just don't look as professional as a genuine release , they appear darker than usual.

I also bid on and won an elf "japan" (dio) cd from the same seller but wonder even before I get it if it's a fake too.

if there's no SICP 1778 on the back of the cd anywhere, is that a clear sign it's a fake?

thanks for any help!

BS

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2011/07/28 13:20 By bluessky.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:Leslie West 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2  
bluessky wrote:
QUOTE:

if there's no SICP 1778 on the back of the cd anywhere, is that a clear sign it's a fake?

Generally speaking a lot of CDs do not have the catalogue number printed on the back of the CD. Sometimes also there will be a different number printed. Have a look at the scans in the fakes FAQ. If it has the extra ring in it like the fakes shown there then it may be a fake. If not then it's probably not a fake.

But... there is another thread at present on this site about a possible fake that does not have the ring. (http://www.minilps.net/forum/forgeries-fakes-and-frauds/617-re-what-if-center-etched-catalog-is-reversed?Itemid=0#619)

Last Edit: 2011/07/28 14:08 By sam2095.

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
bluessky (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Leslie West "Mountain" 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
Thanks a lot Sam,

I believe it is a fake.The white ring is bigger than what I saw here for the original,and also what original would have the other code listed on the back of the cd (such as PLUA 167X) that sounds like a cdr code.
I also found this code or a very similar one on a Hendrix Valleys of Neptune Japan fake.I thought it was real until I looked at the back of the cd.
Really have to watch who you buy from and if the starting price is too nice to be true.

I have found auctions on ebay selling the 40th anniversary Zeppelin box,and Metallica one as well

http://cgi.ebay.com/Definitive-Collection-Led-Zeppelin-Mini-LP-SHM-CD-Box-/180702216240?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item2a12b10030

maybe too good to be true?

thanks

Last Edit: 2011/07/29 00:49 By bluessky.
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
bluessky wrote:
QUOTE:

maybe too good to be true?

Hard to be 100% sure but, generally speaking, if something looks too good to be true then it probably is. Ask them outright and if they say something like "It's an official Asian release" then ... you decide what that means!

Last Edit: 2011/07/29 09:06 By sam2095.

bluessky (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Leslie West 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
Thanks Sam.

The seller of the SHM Zeppelin Box emailed me some pictures of the back of the Zeppelin disc.
It definitely has some other code printed on the disc, though it does have the small ring in the center of the disc on back.
Is it also true that the SHM Zeppelin 3 has a moveable wheel inside the cover ? I guess that would be a good indication if it is authentic or not,if it has that 'wheel'[img size=150][/img].

Images are not loading, so maybe I can try again later

thanks

sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
The LZ III of the real one has a movable wheel whereas the fake is just printed. See here for a direct comparison:
http://www.minilps.net/led-zeppelin/fake-led-zeppelin-wpcr-13142-fake

Go to top Post Reply