You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Re:I think I'm bidding for a fake mini-LP (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:I think I'm bidding for a fake mini-LP
JarpoMarx (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
I think I'm bidding for a fake mini-LP 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi, it's my first post and it's a pity that I didn't find you before.

I'm the maximum bidder for a suspected fake Japanese mini-LP on eBay: Scorpions Blackout. I was bidding for two CDs from this guy and then I received an email from eBay telling me that the other one (Love At First Sting) had been removed because it was not genuine. I began to search and I found that both CDs had been buyed by the current seller to a guy from Russian Federation some months ago as you can see here (you can look for CD tittles or the current seller: olwil0).

I've been looking in your web and I've found both CDs at cdminilp.com, Love At First Sting and Blackout.

Man, you don't know how happy I would be if somebody dares to bid over my maximum and win this auction so I can avoid problems because I'm now sure the CD is a fake.

Thanks for this amazing web, it's marked on my favourite from the first minute I found it.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/08/16 17:10 By sam2095. Reason: Removed direct links to fake seller websites.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:I think I'm bidding for a fake mini-LP 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2  
Hi Jarpo, Thanks for yhe feedback and letting us know about yat another seller of fakes on eBay. Sam.

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
JarpoMarx (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:I think I'm bidding for a fake mini-LP 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0  
I didn't finally win the auction so it's the first time I'm so happy for not winning something
In fact, I think that the current seller is an honest person and he is the victim of some "smart boy". It's a pity because he has some more SHM-CD with a nice price, but I've got a lot of doubts about them. I can't confirm if he really knew he was selling a fake copy or not, let the guy who finally bought the album finds out if the CD is genuine or not.

Thanks for the response and for the page, I have some Metallica MLPs (SICP 475 and 478), Ozzy Osbourne (EICP 784) and something more on the way. Let's see if my scanner and me can make a little contribution to the web.

Go to top Post Reply
Powered by FireBoardget the latest posts directly to your desktop

Featured Releases (A selection of...)

See all Featured Releases

Front cover (main) image of WPCR-14306 : Cooper, Alice : Welcome To My Nightmare
WPCR-14306 : 2012-01-18
Warner Music Japan : Cardboard sleeve (mini LP) reissue from Alice Cooper featuring the high-fidelity SHM-CD format (compatible with standard CD players) and 2011 remastering. The cardboard sleeve features single E-type jacket with an inner bag and ATLANTIC green/orange label. Comes with a description and lyrics. Part of a twelve-album Alice Cooper SHM-CD cardboard sleeve reissue series featuring albums "Pretties For You," "Easy Action," "Love It To Death," "Killer," "Schools's Out," "Billion Dollar Babies," "Muscle Of Love," "Welcome To My Nightmare," "Goes To Hell," "Lace And Whiskey," "The Alice Cooper Show," and "From The Inside."
Front cover (main) image of EMICD-11228 : Pink Floyd : Oh By The Way: European Box Set
EMICD-11228 : 2007-11-26

16 CD box set - being 14 studio albums including 2 doubles.

According to Pink Floyd Brain Damage site there were a few glitches with this release, the most notable being a misprinting of the inner bag for the second CD in "The Wall".

There are also cases of an album being missed out and duplicates in their places.

The later Japanese release of this box set is basically identical to this box set.

Poor quality fakes exist for this set - more details below.

The original Japanese individual releases are regarded as being of a much higher quality to either of these box sets.

You can see a YouTube video of this set on the videos page.

Front cover (main) image of BoxesWho : Who (The) : Promo Boxes
BoxesWho :

Over the years a number of promotional boxes have been released for "The Who". These have included "Manufacturer", "Disk Union" and "Indeterminate Origin".

Here is a selection...

Front cover (main) image of WPCR-14304 : Cooper, Alice : Billion Dollar Babies
WPCR-14304 : 2011-12-21
Warner Music Japan : Cardboard sleeve (mini LP) reissue from Alice Cooper featuring the high-fidelity SHM-CD format (compatible with standard CD players) and 2011 remastering. The cardboard sleeve features double jacket with an inner bag and WB moss green label. Comes with a billion-dollar bill (reprint), a description, and lyrics. Part of a twelve-album Alice Cooper SHM-CD cardboard sleeve reissue series featuring albums "Pretties For You," "Easy Action," "Love It To Death," "Killer," "Schools's Out," "Billion Dollar Babies," "Muscle Of Love," "Welcome To My Nightmare," "Goes To Hell," "Lace And Whiskey," "The Alice Cooper Show," and "From The Inside."

Front cover (main) image of Caroline-2008 : Various Artists : Caroline Records 2009 US Releases
Caroline-2008 : 2008-08-05

In late 2008 Caroline Records in the USA released a number of albums by the following artists: UFO, Jethro Tull, Quicksilver Messenger, Brian Eno, Roxy Music, The Raspberries, Kate Bush, Blondie, The Band, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Van Der Graaf Generator (full list below).

Unlike the suspect Universal releases these are 100% Japanese. The only difference between these and the Japanese (apart from being as much as 50% cheaper) is a sticker on the bar code of the obi.

As at March 2009 most of these are still available at Amazon.

Front cover (main) image of WPCR-13142 (fake) : Led Zeppelin : Fake Led Zeppelin - 40th Anniversary Definitive Collection (Zoso Box)
WPCR-13142 (fake) : 2009-01-01

This fake Led Zeppelin 40th Anniversary appears to be made in China. You would find it hard to pick a sealed copy of this as being anything other than than the real deal.

Inside it is also remarkably similar but has some significant, obvious differences in packaging including: (a) the CD comes in a flimsy loose fitting bag (b) Physical Graffiti has no cut out windows and (c) III (3) has no turning wheel.

The CDs also have the tell tale extra ring in the middle but this is much better disguised than usual.

Unusually for fakes these have the catalogue number and an IFPI code (CC 303) on the silver side of the disc.

See all Featured Releases