You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Elton John Japan cds fake? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Elton John Japan cds fake?
Night Rat Boss (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Elton John Japan cds fake? 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
I have wondered if one of the Elton John's Japan mini lp I've bought on eBay last year is fake, also have other ones by EJ that make the list.

The first thing I usually look for is the underside of the cd itself should, though not always, have the catalog number etched on the inner ring.

For example: EJ's 17-11-70 lp catalog number UICY-9103 is on the obi, jacket spine and on the playing side of cd but underneath(silver side) to my surprise the backward writing of his earlier pressing PHCR-4014!

Does this indicate that this disc is really the PHCR version, not the UICY one??

I would appreciate some help on this if anyone knows.

Night Rat Boss

PS: More later.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
kigonjiro (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Elton John Japan cds fake? 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2  
For sure NOT A FAKE. My copy (and the complete boxset) is from a trusted original japanese source and is exactly like yours. So don´t worry about it.

Night Rat Boss (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Elton John Japan cds fake? 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
Whew! Thanks! I couldn't remember where the seller was located when I bought this and a few others with the same situation. I usually stick with buying from Japanese sellers and cdJapan site.

Thanks for your help!

Last Edit: 2008/10/22 01:35 By Night Rat Boss. Reason: misspelling
duckman (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Elton John Japan cds fake? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
The fakes are quite close to the real deal...just check the disks. The cheapo's hav 'made in Germany' printed on the back of the cd.

Go to top Post Reply