You have found the home of Japanese Mini LP Papersleeve Replica CDs on the net
HomeBrowse FAQs (Fakes, Buying, Collecting) Fake-free eBayForumContributeMy Collection
Do not go here or you will be banned from this site!
ThumbsThis week / monthRecent images
Random images from
(Very basic search - less is better - use less words if don't find what you're looking for)
FireBoard
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Thanks for visiting the forum.

You are free the post here (and strongly encouraged to respond).

However, there is a Yahoo group (Japanese Import CDs) with a strong membership and healthy debate and discussion that may be of interest.

Re:Too good to be true? Ebay seller helix1952. (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Too good to be true? Ebay seller helix1952.
Festy (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Too good to be true? Chinese eBay sellers? 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hi all,
a new member here and I was hoping to get your opinions on the goods that an ebay member is selling as I think many of you have had much more experience with mini-LP's than myself.

So, the seller is helix1952: http://myworld.ebay.com.au/helix1952/
He/she sells Japanese (allegedly) CD's but they seem incredibly cheap. Examples of the mini-LP's here and here.

What do you think? Any chance that these are legit?

Many thanks,
Festy

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/09/09 09:30 By sam2095. Reason: Edited title due to the generic responses.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
kigonjiro (Moderator)
graphgraph
Re:Too good to be true? Ebay seller helix1952. 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2  
Festy,

is a legit seller. Their products are real japanese mini lps.

Why so cheap? Probably his products comes from de-stock. What you need to care about these mini lps (originals, I insist) is that sometimes are promos (with a sticker over the bar code and tex printed in ted in the CD center ring), cut outs (also promo items that have a little -sometimes not so little- cut on the cover), and sometimes little problems in the cover´s corner or similar.

But don´t be alarmed, not always. So watch the cover picture, read the info or ask the seller to know if is a new product, promo, cut out or if has some damage in the cover.

I´ve bought some albums from this guy in the past, and recently won 4 of his auctions for some Foghat albums for about 10 bucks than seems to be perfect sealed minis.

Domingo

sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:Too good to be true? Ebay seller helix1952. 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 2  
Not only is he legit - he is one of the better Chinese based sellers.

I think he always discloses on each listing whether or not each item has a cutout etc ... but it nevers hurts to ask.

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
Festy (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Too good to be true? Ebay seller helix1952. 15 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
Fantastic! Thank you Kigonjiro and Sam for your replies. It's amazing how cheaply he can sell these. I know of at least one which is OOP. I'll have to go back and have a look through his selection more thoroughly as I was a bit hesitant at first.

Again, thank you for your replies.

Festy

sam2095 (Moderator)
graph
Re:Too good to be true? Ebay Chinese sellers 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
I've "stickied" this thread because the same holds true for most mass Chinese sellers.

Generally speaking, if someone from China is selling lesser know titles (exceptions being ELP in which case it's all titles) then they are probably selling the real deal. The old stock is dumped in China, bought wholesale there and sold on eBay.

The exclusions are if they are selling ONLY box sets such as Beatles, Led Zeppelin and Eagles.

Webmaster for http://www.minilps.net
Go to top Post Reply